Sunday, October 19, 2008

New Glasses

   I forgot to mention this, but... I bought a new pair of glasses. My old pair was mostly heavy plastic that didn't sit too well on my nose; they were always sliding down or falling off if I stopped suddenly -- especially if I was sweaty.

   At the beginning and end of every kendo class, we sit in seiza, which is a traditional Japanese way of sitting so that your legs are directly under you. While in seiza, we bow, keeping our backs straight; this meant that my glasses were constantly falling off.

   I tried going without my glasses for a lesson, but my eyes are too bad for that to really be practical; it was really distracting.

   So I decided to get a new pair of glasses. I wanted something light, flexible, and sturdy, which meant metal frames. I was lucky enough to catch a really good sale, so I got a new pair and new lenses on the cheap! They're green, which is odd for me, since I've always had black or gunmetal glasses. But more importantly, they stay on my face during practice.

No comments: